All applicants must meet the following criteria. The program does not offer conditional or provisional admission
1. Graduate from an approved baccalaureate or higher degree generic program in nursing or graduate from an approved associate degree with an appropriate baccalaureate degree.
2. Minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0.
3. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores submitted from the Education Testing Service, sent directly to Marshall University Graduate College, whose Institutional Code reporting number is 5396.
a. A photo copy of the student report GRE scores should be included with the CAMC application.
b. GRE scores must be no older than five (5) years.
c. Preferred scores are Verbal 153 and Quantitative 144.
d. Please note the dates of score reporting in the GRE booklet and schedule the test so that the scores will be reported in time for full consideration of your application.
4. A current, valid, professional registered nursing license in one jurisdiction of the United States, which satisfies the requirements of the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses. Once admitted, the School requires all in state and out of state students to maintain licensure in the State of West Virginia.
5. A minimum of one year full time work experience (two years preferred) or its part time equivalent, as a RN in a critical care setting. The applicant must have developed as an independent decision-maker, capable of using and interpreting advanced monitoring techniques based on knowledge of physiological and pharmacological principles.
6. Three (3) references by persons in the medical profession who are familiar with the applicant’s qualifications. One of which must be the immediate supervisor.
7.Resume detailing education and work experience.
8. A personal interview may be requested.